We are looking for an energetic senior developer to join our team to help us work on delivering back end systems that enable our products. We are looking for someone with a strong foundation of architectural concepts and engineering capabilities, who is able to independently propose and implement changes to all aspects of a complex Web application. The team is fully remote and in a fast-paced, dynamic, incubator mode and the successful candidate must show the ability to thrive in such an environment.
The engineer will create world class, next generation disruptive systems and technologies. The successful candidate will help lead in the design and implementation of our clients’ cloud solutions and maintain modern system deployment to the cloud environments with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows for system build, test and deploy. We operate as a fast-paced agile team and are interested in candidates who have proven skills in DevSecOps, Cloud environments, software development and system automation. Come join us and be a part of our exciting future.
Experience Level: 3+ years.
- Develop and sustain Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automated deployment of the highly available, mission critical cloud or enterprise platform product software for integration and test and operations
- Create scripts and templates to build development systems
- Performs analysis, design, develop and implementation activities to install, configure and maintain infrastructure, software and components in cloud platform utilizing everything as code, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC), for deployments
- Performs activities to ensure alignment of use cases and objectives with architecture and security
- Provides guidance and direction to DevSecOps developers and administrators
- Troubleshoots application deployment issues
- Research/analyze issues (such as application integration, performance etc.) and provide recommendations and resolution
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or chemistry
- 1+ years of experience with object oriented software development ( C/C++, Java)
- 1+ years of experience automating software builds, unit tests, integration tests, deployment, and installations using a DevOps tool chain (Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory)
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible
- Experience using Agile or SAFe methodology
- Experience in deploying, administering, maintaining and upgrading one or more of these applications: Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, or JFrog Artifactory, Gitlab, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc..
- Experience with automation and provisioning of cloud environments or on-prem infrastructure
- Experience implementing AWS solutions design and deployment of enterprise-scale applications
- Experience developing guidelines and best practices for cloud-oriented development & implementations including containers and container orchestration
This is a position that will have exposure to different types of projects and technologies. You will have a chance to learn and evolve with emerging trends in the industry. If you thrive on positive energy, like to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment and want to make a difference in building solutions that change the world, Practical Logix is the place for you!
Note: Please apply if you’re attracted to a dynamic startup environment with a small team, where you’re actively involved in driving business growth and learning new things. Also note that responsibilities and expected skills are subjective to level and years of experience.
About Practical Logix
Practical Logix (PL) is a custom software design and development company headquartered in Los Angeles with operations in many other countries. It offers a range of services across the software development lifecycle. PL’s clientele include leading companies from media and entertainment, healthcare, ecommerce, marketing tech, adtech, transportation, government and non-profit sector.