We are looking for an energetic senior developer to join our team to help us work on delivering back end systems that enable our products. We are looking for someone with a strong foundation of architectural concepts and engineering capabilities, who is able to independently propose and implement changes to all aspects of a complex Web application. The team is fully remote and in a fast-paced, dynamic, incubator mode and the successful candidate must show the ability to thrive in such an environment.
Experience Level: 5+ years.
- Design, develop & maintain components related to frontend and backend systems.
- Pick up customized UI frameworks quickly and apply for new/existing feature upgrade.
- Develop applications with security / performance / reusability principles in mind.
- Co-ordinate within internal/external project teams and represent/own your/team work in agile scrums independently.
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements
- Be a core team player by contributing to architectural and design decisions.
- Lead the review process of pull requests including security reviews by other team members.
- Write new features, unit and integration tests, CI scripts and code, deployment automation, database migrations, data migrations and any code that impacts customers or anything related
- Fix issues in existing code, work with support to reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Write and review technical proposals
- Create and edit sprint tickets
- Identity Access Manager usage and development (Auth0, Okta)
- Database generalist skills (SQL)
- AWS/Azure, DevOps
- RESTful API use, design and implementation
- Common Web application architectures such as n-tier, micro-services etc.
- Basic secure Web programming knowledge and experience
- Source code management (Git), pull request reviews and related technologies and methodologies
- Agile processes (scrum/kanban)
- Has worked on a product team
- Working Docker knowledge
- Be comfortable working within a small team owning deliverables for our web APIs and front end.
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to motivate and engage with people
- R&D mindset
This is a position that will have exposure to different types of projects and technologies. You will have a chance to learn and evolve with emerging trends in the industry. If you thrive on positive energy, like to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment and want to make a difference in building solutions that change the world, Practical Logix is the place for you!
Note: Please apply if you’re attracted to a dynamic startup environment with a small team, where you’re actively involved in driving business growth and learning new things. Also note that responsibilities and expected skills are subjective to level and years of experience.
About Practical Logix
Practical Logix (PL) is a custom software design and development company headquartered in Los Angeles with operations in many other countries. It offers a range of services across the software development lifecycle. PL’s clientele include leading companies from media and entertainment, healthcare, ecommerce, marketing tech, adtech, transportation, government and non-profit sector.