We are looking for a versatile individual to join us as a Senior Technical Project Manager. You are a confident, skilled client consultant, adept at listening to client challenges and recommending solutions as well as an effective partner working with the internal team. You’ll participate in planning projects, cost estimation, people planning, customer satisfaction and customer handling and act as a bridge between clients and our engineering team. Excellent communication, project management, technical communication with the engineering team and leadership skills are some of the major requirements.
Experience Level: 5+ years including at least 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Leads requirement gathering effort partnering with product management, operations team, vendor management and other stakeholders.
- Ensures prioritization and scope to maximize our software development investment, with an eye to customer-facing product priorities as well as future platform investment.
- Leads backlog grooming to decompose stories and enable estimation.
- Translates product roadmap into detailed requirements.
- Conveys the Vision and Goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint.
- Authors user-stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Attends scrum meetings including standups, review, retrospectives, and demos.
- Clearly defines acceptance criteria.
- Answers questions from the software engineering team and clarifies requirements.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every Sprint and has complete authority to accept or reject work done.
- Partners with our Agile Project Managers on trade-offs between schedule and requirements.
- Works closely with engineering, QA and operations teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources, with a bias towards touchless solutions.
- Inspires teams to over-achieve in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
- Collaborates across the company to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Actively engages key stakeholders to drive business requirements.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources in India and Ukraine with respective stakeholders at PL’s Los Angeles office as well as the company’s multiple clients.
- Completes projects and tasks on time, on target, and on budget.
- Reports regularly on performance against business metrics and objectives.
- Accountable for the business unit’s service delivery in general.
- Handle team management, availability, productivity enhancement.
- Lead a team of designers, developers, testers and devops engineers and maintain the delivery cycle.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Should have fundamental technical skills around Cloud (AWS) and DevOps practice in general.
- Curious – desires to learn every day.
- Critical Thinker – looks beyond the obvious.
- Communicator – shares thoughts, candidly and respectfully.
- Availability during India and US (PST morning) time.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do approach coupled with a strong desire to make a difference.
- Ready to challenge the status-quo, and drive innovative ideas.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a keen understanding of how numbers will affect out comes over both the short and long term.
- Honest, candid and trustworthy.
- Leadership: Communicates with confidence and demonstrate strategic and technical mastery of their platform area when interacting with executives, peers, customers, and partners.
- A team player.
- Executes fast and gets things done on time.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) or Masters in business, computer science; or equivalent experience.
- Five years’ previous experience as a product manager, program manager, business analyst, or in a related field.In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, product life-cycle, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Understands building for scale, and the vision that re-usable services in our platform architecture will enable us to derive new products with a much shorter time to market.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel and standard product requirement planning tools (JIRA, Confluence or similar).
- Background in Software Development or similar knowledge.
- Familiarity with REST/Json interfaces, methods and schemas.
- Comfortable working with multiple, cross functional teams, in-house and remote, domestically and international.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with the engineering team, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
- Get into the details of the project
Required Skills (Technical Competency)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum 7 years of IT experience with at least 3 years in software development or devops.
- Strong hold in Atlassian suite of software.
- Deep understanding of at least one database technology.
- Good experience in AWS Cloud
- Sound knowledge of Enterprise data Architecture
This is a position that will have exposure to different types of projects and technologies. You will have a chance to learn and evolve with emerging trends in the industry. If you thrive on positive energy, like to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment and want to make a difference in building solutions that change the world, Practical Logix is the place for you!
Note: Please apply if you’re attracted to a dynamic startup environment with a small team, where you’re actively involved in driving business growth and learning new things. Also note that responsibilities and expected skills are subjective to level and years of experience.
About Practical Logix
Practical Logix (PL) is a custom software design and development company headquartered in Los Angeles with operations in many other countries. It offers a range of services across the software development lifecycle. PL’s clientele include leading companies from media and entertainment, healthcare, ecommerce, marketing tech, adtech, transportation, government and non-profit sector.