We are looking for an energetic Sr. Technical Writer to join our team to help us in delivering high quality, well researched technical content to our readers, prospective and current clients.
The Sr. Technical Writer is responsible for researching, writing, editing, and rephrasing various technical concepts pertinent to the industry technology and software into easy-to-understand blog posts and technical documents. These technical documents include (but are not limited to) software or product proposals/policies, whitepapers, instruction manuals, training guides, reports, journal articles, etc.
The Sr. Technical Writer will consult with engineering and technical staff to prepare his/her work. Additionally, you’ll develop and promote the adoption of documentation templates for system, database, and program information. This role will function as a primary writer—responsible for deliverables of substantial scope and complexity.
As a successful Technical Writer at Practical Logix, you’re motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving startup company. You have strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content and create materials that clearly explain the topic/task to end users based on their persona. We like to move quickly and win together, so a self-starter who thrives under pressure and enjoys team successes.
Experience Level: 4+ years.
- Responsible for writing technical content, blogs, influential marketing content, software or product proposals/policies, whitepapers, instruction manuals, training guides, reports, journal articles, etc..
- Work closely with Project Managers, Development, and other teams to review documentation, and write case studies.
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content, and style of writing.
- Responsible for managing social media content and doing competitive research.
- Excellent in proposal writing and emails.
- Work with the design team to generate graphics and images for supporting the content.
- Stay up-to-date with latest technical developments in the industry.
- Be an avid reader.
- A Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent. Post-Graduation MBA will be an added advantage.
- Technical Writing certifications from recognized organizations are a plus.
- Ability to understand software products and document release notes, API guides, and user guides
- Preferably spent a minimum of four years as a technical writer for engineering, IT, management, or related industries (such as consumer electronics, computer systems, and software publishers.)
- Ability to learn quickly and independently, strong team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, Project managers, and Management towards a common goal.
- High motivation and desire to do whatever it takes to help the customer and our company succeed.
This is a position that will have exposure to different types of technologies and projects. You will have a chance to learn and evolve with emerging trends in the industry. If you thrive on positive energy, like to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment and want to make a difference in building solutions that change the world, Practical Logix is the place for you!
Note: Please apply if you’re attracted to a dynamic startup environment with a small team, where you’re actively involved in driving business growth and learning new things. Also note that responsibilities and expected skills are subjective to level and years of experience.
About Practical Logix
Practical Logix (PL) is a custom software design and development company headquartered in Los Angeles with operations in many other countries. It offers a range of services across the software development lifecycle. PL’s clientele include leading companies from media and entertainment, healthcare, ecommerce, marketing tech, adtech, transportation, government and non-profit sector.